Art Association KREARTIVA from Belgrade invites piano talents to
V INTERNATIONAL BELGRADE CHOPIN FEST
26 th February – 1 st March, 2016
Belgrade Chopin Fest (BCF), as a unique international cultural and educational event, celebrates the name of “piano poet” – Frederic Chopin.
Marking the anniversaries of the birth and death of the great composer, through February and October program cycles, BCF organizes: Piano Competition, Master classes, lectures, concerts and workshops for children.
Belgrade Chopin Fest brings together young pianists – music students, representatives of the profession, prominent guests from Serbia and abroad, amateurs and lovers of piano music and art in general.
We would be honored to host piano students and professors of Your School / Academy, and share experiences in socializing with the music of great Frederic Chopin.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION AND REGISTRATION
INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION (further Competition) will be held from 26th to 27th of February, at Concert Hall of Music School Stankovic – Belgrade, (1a Kneza Miloša St.)
CATEGORIES AND PROGRAM OF THE COMPETITION
Competition is divided in three categories.
– CATEGORY I – students of Elementary music schools
Required a Chopin piece and the free program – one or more pieces, in total duration of 7 to 15 min.
– CATEGORY II – students of Secondary music schools
Required a Chopin piece and the free program – one or more pieces, in total duration 15 to 20 min.
– CATEGORY III – students of music Academies, Conservatories and Colleges
Required a Chopin piece and the free program – one or more pieces, in total duration of 20 to 25 min.
– Candidates are evaluated by international, academic Jury, consisting of renowned pianists and piano pedagogues: Jokut Mihailovic (President of the Jury, Professor, Faculty of Music, Belgrade), Lidija Stankovic (Professor, Faculty of Music, Belgrade), Branko Pencic (Head of the Piano Department and Professor, Faculty of Music, Belgrade), Aleksandra Radosavljevic (Dean and Assistant Professor, Academy of Arts Slobomir P University, Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska) and Sanja Stefanovic (Pianist, Professor at the University in China, Musical Advisor Pro Art & Co. London, and Artistic Director of “International days of chamber music” in Hage, Germany.
– Jury declares the first, the second and the third prizes in each category and Special prize for the best interpretation of Chopin’s compositions.
• I award, I Category – 100 €
• I award, II Category – 200 €
• I award, III Category – 300 €
• Special prize for the best interpretation of Chopin’s compositions – 100€.
• The First awarded candidates and the Winner of Special prize will open the concert at the Assembly of the City of Belgrade, on Monday, 29th of February, 2016 / 19.30, when Serbian pianist, Mihajlo Zurkovic will give the Recital.
• The Winners of the Competiton will perform at concert Chopin as inspiration, together with El Sistema Orchestra & Choir, as a part of the BCF October cycle 2016.
• The Second and Third awarded candidates will receive gift bags and will perform at concert Fest guests at Music School Stanković on Sunday, 28th of February 2016 / 18.00.
• Awarded candidates will be presented in concert cycle Echoes of BCF, and participate in musical events throughout the year.
• All competitors will be given Diploma of Competition Participation.
1. The right to participate in the Competition have regular and part – time students of Primary and Secondary music schools and Academies from Serbia and abroad.
2. Competition is divided in three categories.
3. Deadline for submission of applications is 19th of February, 2016.
4. The number of participants is limited to 50.
5. The program is performed by heart.
6. Competitors who exceed the time limit, the Jury may interrupt.
7. The competition is open to the public.
8. Schedule of rehearsals and candidate’s performing on the Competition will be announced at the Festival’s website www.belgradechopinfest.com, no later than the 22th of February, and on bulletin boards in Music School Stankovic (1a Kneza Miloša St. and 6 Dečanska St.)
9. Results of Competition will be announced on the 27th of February, at the Festival’s website www.belgradechopinfest.com, and on bulletin boards in Music School Stankovic (1a Kneza Miloša St. and 6 Dečanska St.)
10. Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
11. The repertoire of the Winner’s concerts is chosen by the Jury.
12. Cash prizes will be paid to the winners within 30 days at the end of the Competition.
13. Donation for Participation – Category: I – 25€, II – 35€, III – 45€.
14. In case of cancellation, donation for participation will not be refunded.
15. Participants bear themselves the travel and accommodation expenses in Belgrade.
16. The organizer reserves the right to record, reproduce and broadcast Competition and Concerts of the Winners without payment to the participants.
17. The Organizer reserves the right to make changes.
Belgrade Chopin Fest organizes Master classes by eminent academic professors:
• Jokut Mihailović – Professor, Faculty of Music, Belgrade (up to 16 lessons)
• Lidija Stanković – Professor, Faculty of Music, Belgrade (up to 16 lessons)
• Nevena Popović – Professor, Faculty of Music, Belgrade (up to 16 lessons)
1. The right to participate in the Master classes have participants in the Competition, as well as pupils / students who do not participate in the Competition.
2. Candidates interested in Master classes apply for one lesson in duration of 45 minutes
(NOTE: The candidate may subsequently apply for an additional lesson, if there are available terms for the lessons).
3. In the application for Master classes it is advisable to enter the names of at least two professors who the candidate wishes to work with (in the case there are no available terms with the first of them).
4. Master classes will be held from 26th to 29th of February, at Belgrade Music Academy. Exact dates will be announced after receiving of all applications. Candidates will be informed by email, personally.
5. Candidates play program by free choice.
6. Donation to Master classes is € 35 for one lesson.
Completed application, certified by the school / academy (with indication: BELGRADE CHOPIN FEST 2016 – PIANO COMPETITION / MASTER CLASSES) and the proof of payment, should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 19th of February
– Participation in the Competition – I Category in the amount of 25€
– Participation in the Competition – II Category in the amount of 35€
– Participation in the Competition – III Category in the amount of 45€
– Participation in the Master Class, in the amount of 35€
pay according to the following instructions:
56a: Intermediary bank: VBOEATWW
OSTERREICHISCHE VOLKSBANKEN AG
57A: Account with institution: SABRRSBG
SBERBANK SRBIJA AD
59: Beneficiary customer: RS35285204120989263965
ISMETA MUJEZINOVICA 27
BEOGRAD (NOVI BEOGRAD), SRBIJA
Note: Usage of the field 70 is mandatory.
Purpose: BELGRADE CHOPIN FEST 2016 – PIANO COMPETITION / MASTER CLASSES
Prof. Milenija Reljić – Festival Director
Prof. Ivana Matijević – Festival Artistic Director
Prof. Čedomir Marjanović – Secretary of the Jury and Coordinator of Competition, T: +381 63 877 9267
Prof. Luka Mihailo Jović – Coordinator of Competition, T: +381 61 814 2023
Prof. Nataša Dinulović – Organizer